If you read my post yesterday, you know that I am trying to get back into blogging after taking a small hiatus. Today’s post is brought to you by the DC Trifecta’s Friday Five link up. I missed out on a good topic a couple week so I am circling back to it and today I am discussing five things I love about….fitness style boot camp with Camp Gladiator!
In case you missed or are new to my blog I wrote about my latest fitness-venture with a fitness style boot camp. I won’t go into too much detail as I explain most of it in my post here. Pretty much I got involved when my best friend asked if I would join her for some classes as she worked to lose some weight and tone up for her wedding!
Today actually concludes camp 38 and in the course of the last two camps, it’s really opened up my eyes through this experience and below are five reasons why I love these camps:
- It’s something different. Ever get tired of doing the same thing over and over again? That’s how I felt when I attended a gym or did my own home workouts. I love that the workouts are preset. What’s better than that? Just show up and boom you are good to go!
- It’s teaching me a lot about myself. You won’t know what you are capable of doing until you try.
- My trainer is awesome. Seriously a great trainer can make or break your workout. I swear mine brews his coffee with Red Bull…ok that may be a little over exaggerated but my trainer has a lot of energy and is very passionate about what he does and his affect on reaching our fitness goals. With the company I am doing this boot camp with I have unlimited access to 40+ locations in the area…yet I drive 10 miles to attend this particular camp just because I’ve been with this trainer from day one, he knows my goals and how far to push me. I think once I have completed half number five Ill have more time to scout out other locations and trainers.
- It’s helping to improve my running endurance. Don’t get me wrong I’ve only been doing this for two months so I have seen a drastic change but I have noticed subtle ones. My shorter run distances are getting a bit faster, given the warm weather conditions in Florida right now. On my longer runs, I may not be as fast as I am on my shorter runs but I am getting there!
- I get to do it with my best friend. My best friend and I have a lot in common, it’s why we refer to each other as twins. Fitness was one thing we never shared. The few times she joined me for a 6am gym session was on the occasion, but no mater what she always supported me and is there at the finish line for every race. It’s great that I can be there to not only support but witness her journey to a healthier and fitter lifestyle. Since joining this camp she has lost at least 20 lbs!
If you are a runner, what are some alternative ways you strength train?
Link up with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed up for What?! and several other bloggers for Friday Five! Link up your post about the week’s theme so your post will be found in the linkup archives.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Like The Runner Within on Facebook
Follow The Runner Within on Twitter
Follow The Runner Within on Instagram